Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm Glad I Never Told...


I just want to say thank you to all the wonderful people in my life.  You are truly amazing, and I am so lucky that I have surrounded myself with such incredible people.  I decided to tell my friends about MRKH on Monday (October 8th) via my blog.  The outpouring of love and support from my family and friends has been amazing!  I have even gotten emails and messages from other people thanking me for sharing my story, and in return, they shared theirs with me.  There are lots of other people out there who cannot have their own children for lots of different reasons, and I want to say thank you to those people who have shared their stories with me.  

This blog entry is about the people I’m glad I never told…This should be a good one.

I’m glad I never told the guy that was making out with my face and neck, but never would kiss me on my lips because he had a girlfriend. (Side note:  I only found out he had a girlfriend after I tried to kiss his lips).

I’m glad I never told the guy who was supposed pick me up from work (when I lived in Florida) and take me to West Palm Beach to meet his parents (He never showed up, so I didn’t get the chance).

I’m glad I never told that stranger on the bus (that would have been weird).

I was glad at the time that I never told one of my friends in middle school because I got to pretend I knew what she was talking about when she was deciding what kind of tampons to use (she preferred OB…in case you were wondering).

I was glad at the time that I never told my PE teacher because then I wouldn’t have been able to use “cramps” as an excuse to get out of running the mile.

I am glad I didn’t tell the random guy in the female isle of the grocery store when he asked me which kind of “pads” he should buy his girlfriend.

I’m glad I took so long to tell people because if I would have done it any earlier, I’m not sure I would have been ready.  I am sure there are many other people I was glad I did not tell…  There might be another blog post about it another time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment