Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Old Days

Some of you know that I am currently a college student, and have been for about 13 years. No, I'm not a Dr...I just really love going to different colleges and taking lots of pointless classes. But all of that is almost coming to an end. I will officially be done at the beginning of March!  YIPPY!  Anyway, the reason I mention this is because I have been taking a lot of woman's history / marriage / family classes and part of me finds them to be very sad.  I have read, ok more like skimmed several books that talk about woman in the old days and their roles in their family's.  Basically, their role was to be a baby maker, and take care of the family.  If they couldn't have children, then their husbands would divorce them, and no one would ever marry them again.  I just think that is so sad.  And even today in my MRKH support and awareness group on facebook, there are woman from all over the world on there.  One woman from another country said her family has basically disowned her because they feel she is useless.

What if I was born in the old day's? I cannot imagine my life like that. Those woman must have felt so alone. Anyway, I am glad I was born when I was.  And I hope that I can make other woman who maybe feel this way now, know that there is hope for them, and that they are not alone.

I did a google search for famous woman that have MRKH...here is what I came up with...Interesting :)

  • Eva Braun - Adolf Hitler's longtime companion!  Awesome, I am so glad we have something in common...also, we are both German. Although, this cannot be confirmed many believe that she had MRKH.
  • Amalia of Oldenburg  I have no idea who she is, but apparently she is famous and had MRKH 
And that concludes the list...Although someday, you might be able to add Jen Irwin to that list :) 

1 comment:

  1. Apparently Queen Elizabeth the First of England is assumed by many doctors to have had it also, hence her nickname the 'Virgin Queen'.

    ReplyDelete