Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Is April here yet? Thoughts. Funny Story

This has basically been a waiting game for us, and anyone who knows me, knows I am NOT good at waiting!  But, I sort of have a feeling I will be doing A LOT of waiting in the next year or so...  We are super excited for our vacation to the East Coast in March / April, but I am also anxious to get home and get this show on the road...basically I just want to find out if all of our "parts" work together and if this is even going to be a possibility scientifically (biologically?  I don't know), or financially. 

This whole MRKH thing is really strange to me.  I guess I dont really understand how the female body works and I am not really sure if its because I never learned or because I didnt pay attention, but my husband knows more about it than I do.  Any Dieringer School District / ARHS Alums care to weigh in on this?  Did we learn about this stuff? 

I think I have a full understanding that this MRKH thing effects Jason and me. However, I'm not going to lie, I have mostly felt like it affects me WAY more. That is, until the other day: Jason and I were driving in the car (going to dinner or something...it doesn’t matter), and he looked at me and said "You know what I've been thinking about lately?" of course I never know what he is thinking, so I responded "nope". Then he said "You know, in April, when I am going to have to go to the doctor to get my sperm (side note: from this point on I will call it "stuff" because I hate that other word) tested? I've been really worried about it because I don’t know how long I am supposed to take. What if I am in there for like 2 minutes and then all the ladies in the doctor’s office talk about how fast I was, or what if I am in there for 30 minutes and they are talking about how long it took me. How long should I be in there for? What if what I think is normal is really a short amount of time or a long amount of time? I want to be average. I don’t want the people at the doctor’s office to talk about me when I leave." I did not have an answer for him, but it made me laugh for a while.

1 comment:

  1. So funny! I think all guys go through that! My husband Dax recently had to do his first 'onsite' test (ie in the hospital's 'special' room instead of in our house and drive it to the clinic!) and he said all the same things to me!! He reckoned in the end better to be quick and clinical than slow and have people think he 'couldn't get it up'!! hahaha!
    Any idea when your treatment may start? We are starting IVF in March!! This month is going sooooo slowly!! Ice babies here we come!!!!

    ReplyDelete