Friday, January 2, 2015

Rokitansky

I am not much of a reader...in fact, I have read a total of 5 books my whole life. I don't necessarily have anything against books, but they sort of put me to sleep. 

I recently heard about a book called Rokitansky ( it's the "R" in MRKH).  I had to read it.  MRKH is not very well known, and the fact that someone wrote a book about it definitely intrigued me.  I knew when I bought it that it was a fiction book, which I was a bit skeptical about because IF I am going to read I like true stories.  But I bought it anyway...

For me, the book started out a little slow. I probably would have given up on it after the first 5 chapters, but I convinced myself to finish, and I am SO glad I did! Once I got about 1/4 way through the book, it was hard to put down. I could relate to several parts of the book, and the end of it had me in tears. Side note: I am not much of a cryer.  This book touched on so many of my feelings and made me think of things I hadn't thought of before. I don't want to give too much away because you should read it!! 

I have since talked my husband into reading it, which is he currently doing, and another friend of mine just finished it.  She loved it also, and does not have MRKH.  I think it's a good read.  Check it out! You can find it on amazon here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment