Saturday, July 15, 2017

I'm In A Magazine!!

It has been forever since I've posted! Do people still blog? I plan on continuing because it is a good way for me to talk about my feelings and hope that people have a better understanding of me and people who are a little different.

So here's the thing...I did an interview with Woman's Health magazine a while ago and got a crazy amount of positive feedback from my friends, family, strangers and other people who have MRKH. Then, a week or so after the article got published in the magazine, my article somehow made the front page of yahoo news! My article was right above some story about Rob  Kardashian!  I had no idea that would happen, and when it did, I felt a nervous feeling in my stomach...I wasn't sure If I was ready for it to hit the freaking home page of  YAHOO NEWS! However, I learned a very important lesson...NEVER read the comments! They were hurtful! I cried. Some made me laugh, but mostly they upset me. I thought I had pretty thick skin, but not this time. But then, I had people reach out to me that didn't know they had MRKH, and been living with this misterous condition. I felt better about things.

So, in case you haven't read the article, here it is!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jen. I am happy to know that someone like me with MRKH has the courage to shout to the world regarding our situation. While reading the article in WomensHealth, I felt that I should not be ashamed that I'm not lucky enough to have uterus.

    I discovered that I have no uterus at the age of 20 when I had my ultrasound, after years of asking myself why all of my friends has period and I don't have. I don't have an idea then that it was called MRKH, I had no way of researching about it. I just accepted it as it is.

    Like you, I was married and my husband knows about my situation before we became a couple. He accepted the way I am with all his heart and he never asked for more. We tried to adopt but it was not for us.

    At 42 years old and a widow, I am happy living my life because God gave me more that I asked for. I really don't expect that I'll be married and have sex life knowing I have MRKH.

    You're such an inspiration and I commend you for being brave.

    ReplyDelete