Monday, January 27, 2020

Fancy Tasting Menu


I love everything about food. I love eating it, I love the stories behind it, I love sharing it with friends…I love that it is an experience. That is why “eating a fancy tasting menu” was on my list of 40 things to do before I am 40. And this weekend, I spontaneously checked that off my list, thanks to a great friend!

I was in Vegas for my birthday this weekend and had such a great time! Saturday, I met up with my friend Lacie who has been my friend since elementary school and was also one of my maid of honors in my wedding. I trust her with food more than anyone else I know, so I let her pick.  She chose a place called Vetri Cucina in the Palms hotel.

Our reservations were at 8. It was me, Jason and Lacie. When we arrived and had a drink at the bar until our table was ready.  I hadn’t even had a chance to look over the menu when Lacie asked about a tasting menu. I was secretly squealing inside! They said they had one, and we all agreed we would do it! With the wine pairings, of course!

I have always been a little nervous to do a tasting menu because there are some common things I don’t like (tomato-based stuff, beans, fish…), but I will try anything once. It was a 4 course tasting, and the food was AMAZING! I don’t remember what everything was called, I should have written it down. But these pictures will show you just how delicious everything was.  And I LOVED everything!


Food, friendship and fun was the theme for this dinner. It was such a memorable (but a little foggy), night!







No comments:

Post a Comment