Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Greece!!!


When I was coming up with my list of 40 things to do before I am 40, I knew I had to include an epic vacation! Vacationing is my passion (although, its probably everyone’s passion). The Greek Isles were at the top of my list! Jason and I are currently in the middle (well, more like the end), of becoming foster parents, and are wrapped up in that process, and I wasn’t sure we would be able to make this trip happen before I turned 40.  Then…one of my friends decided to get married in Santorini, one of the Greek Isles! It was meant to be!! I was so excited.
So, the planning began, and the next thing I knew, it was happening! Below are a few of the highlights/noteworthy moments:

·         Lost luggage for 3 days
·         Canceled ferry ride from Athens to Mykonos
·         Unexpected time in Athens – visit to the acropolis
·         Last minute flight from Athens to Mykonos
      Harmony Boutique hotel was awesome (Mykonos)
·         Epic cooking class in Mykonos, made stuffed tomatoes, tzatziki, risotto and a spinach pie! Met a super fun couple from Dallas that we spent a few days with after the cooking class.
·         Elia beach – so fun!
·         The most beautiful sunsets ever!
·         Great food (pork gyros)!
·         Skinny dipping in the ocean
·         Ice bar
·         Hookah bar
·         Santorini catamaran (black beach, red beach, white beach, natural hot springs)
·         Danielle and Justin’s wedding
·         Wine tasting – 16 wine tasting flight
·         Panorama hotel was beautiful (Santorini)
·         Hike to beautiful Ammoudi bay (should go back and swim in the swimming hole)  LOTS OF STAIRS, but totally worth it



















No trip to Europe in September would be complete without a quick jaunt to Oktoberfest in Munich.  We met up with 8 other people and had a blast!!! And then, to wrap our trip up, we had a close call with our airline (Thomas Cook / Condor) going out of business. But, we made it safe and sound.
It’s always nice to come home, and I am so grateful I have such wonderful things to come home to.  Great parents, bed, friends, bed, couch, bed, dog…did I mention bed 😊  

No comments:

Post a Comment