Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Skinny Dipping In the Ocean


I am not really sure why I added “skinny dip in the ocean” to my list of 40 things to do before I’m 40, but I’m glad I did! I guess it just seemed like a fun thing to do.  So, when I was vacationing in Europe this last week, I decided it would be a perfect opportunity to try it. As they say “when in Rome…” (except this time it was “when in Greece”).

Jason and I went to Elia beach in Mykonos with a couple we had met the day before in a cooking class. It was a super cute beach, and there were men and women who were nude, but not a ton. I figured this was my opportunity! But, I was a little shy about it. So, I went into the ocean and took my swimsuit off in there. It was surprisingly freeing! I swam a bit and relaxed, and it was super fun!  But then…As you can imagine, it was time to put my swimsuit back on.  And, if you have ever tried to put a swimsuit back on when you are wet, it’s hard. So, I had to yell back to the beach and ask Jason for help…now I was drawing attention to myself. Slightly awkward.

What I learned…sometimes doing things outside of your comfort zone can be awkwardly fun. 


P.S. I have no idea who the guy in these pictures is  



No comments:

Post a Comment